Monday 4 August 2014

Introducing Brian...

It's been said that every student needs a study buddy. I think this is especially true for students of distance learning like OU. It can be a lonely business studying alone at a computer and keeping motivated can be quite a challenge. That's where a study buddy comes in. Even if that study buddy isn't another person, or even a living being.

If you've been following me on Twitter or are my friend on Facebook you will already have heard of and seen my study buddy Brian. He was bought for me by my best friend when I was struggling during my previous module and I don't think there's been a day I haven't given him a cuddle since I got him! Even during my current summer holidays.

You see Brian is a stuffed toy dog. A gorgeous stuffed toy dog. With a fantastic T-shirt. He's there to encourage me when I'm struggling with studying, to celebrate when things go well and comfort me when things don't go to plan!

So here he is:

Brian my study buddy.
Now I'm sure you can see why I'm so attached to him! He really is the cutest, best present I think I've ever been given! His T-shirt is so encouraging, I've taken to keeping him about in my summer off especially when my health gets tough. Taking photos of him doing everyday things and helping create a study area ready for October, yes I'm actually having a desk and desk chair. Hopefully I'll be well enough to use it, but if not the sofa is always there as a back up plan. With Brian's help I'm sure I'll find a way! I'll leave you with a few more photos of Brian:

Brian sitting in my deskchair where we built it on the patio!

Brian supervising my revision back at the end of May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment